Monday 18 January 2016

A spiceless life

Imagine having rice without salt, tea without sugar or chicken without any spices. The thought itself is horrifying.

Now similarly, imagine living our life without the help of the Holy Spirit. Life would be dull and boring.

Through baptism you have been anointed with the gift of the Holy Spirit. It is time to stir up this Spirit so as to bring a great transformation in our lives.

As you begin to change, people around you will notice the change. There will be no need of you even preaching. Your life will radiate the light of Christ to one and all.

Today and daily I ask you to make this prayer:

Breathe into me, Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
Move in me, Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
Attract my heart, Holy Spirit, that I may love only what is holy.
Strengthen me, Holy Spirit, that I may defend all that is holy.
Protect me, Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy.
(Saint Augustine)

No comments:

Post a Comment